Affordable Detangler and Pre-poo Treatment


There are so many detanglers that are available to transitioners and naturals. I have used some that cost over $15 and gotten great results from them. I have also used some detanglers that have cost over $20 and not received stellar performance. For some time now, I have been using a mixture of V05 Conditioner and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The cost of the V05 was 87 cents and the EVOO, I used only 4 tablespoons of this oil, so the price for that amount is probably less than 10 cents.

How did I use this as a detangler?
I made a mixture of 1/4 cup of VO5 Moisture Milks Moisturizing Conditioner and 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. After sectioning my hair into four parts, I dampen my hair with water. I made sure to run my fingers through my hair to allow the water to fully penetrate my entire hair. I generously applied this mixture to my hair, and as I did this, I started detangling my hair with my fingers. My fingers glided through my hair so easily. After application and detangling process, I covered my hair with a plastic cap, and allowed the product to further penetrate into my hair as a pre-poo treatment for at least 30 mins. Afterwards, I rinsed my hair with warm water and then resumed my normal washing ritual of co-washing and deep conditioning.


Do you use V05 for Detangling and Pre-poo Treatment? What was your experience?

Comments

  1. Very intersting post…. I enjoyed reading your informative article and considering the points.

    Lice Guard Detangler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?