My First Single Strand Knot


On this natural hair journey, I am always thrilled at "first finds". I was happy when I saw my first curl!

However, today, I discovered a single-strand knot (SSK) or fairy knot on one of the hairs on my edge... NOT THRILLED! Since my edges are all natural and growing out, I was not really shocked. Not yet sure what to do about these SSK, so I decided to do some research. It seems that SSK goes hand in hand with natural hair.

Since SSK cannot be avoided, here are some ways to minimize them.
  1. Keep your hands out of your hair (Hand-In-Hand Syndrome)
  2. Keep your hair in protective styles
  3. Moisturize your hair often
  4. Detangle your hair thoroughly
  5. Protect your hair when you sleep
  6. Always deep condition your hair
  7. Keep your hair stretched as much as possible
Do you get SSKs? How do you avoid them?

Comments

  1. I get them too at my nape. Whenever I can't pull it apart I simply snip it off with my scissors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?