Feel Free to Add Water



Once a week, I do my wash routine of pre-poo ... co-wash... deep conditioning... styling. However, today, I just got the urge to wash my hair.  To co-wash my hair.  In my last hair growth video, I had said I wanted to protective style my hair often. Which I am still doing that.  I only wear my hair out on Sunday for church.  During the week, it is in two strand twists or cornrows.  Last weekend, I did a flat twist out and this was the first time I ever flat twisted my natural hair. By Sunday evening, I re-flat twisted it and have been wearing my hair like that since. Covered, of course!

Fast forward to this morning. I got back from the gym, starting my shower... I don't wear shower caps any more, so I just got the urge to wash my hair.... Opps... head under the running shower water, hair still in flat twists....Ahhh..... it felt so good. I grabbed the Zayd's Therapeutic Conditioner. Just what I need to relax me after my morning workout. I love the relaxing smell of this product. I layered it on my hair, and made sure it got into all the knicks and crannies of my flat twists. Then, rinsed it out after a couple of minutes.  

My hair felt really soft and my curls were popping!! I was like.. hmm... hello?...Hello... who are you?
 

 


I moisturized with the Goin' Natural Rare Moisture Butter. I need to do a product review on this one. This stuff is GOOD! If not for the price... it would beat my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

I undid one flat twist and redid it into two flat twists. I think I am getting better at flat twisting my hair. Ladies, practice MAKES perfect!!

Moral of this little story, follow your hair cues. If you feel your hair needs a refreshing wash, don't be afraid to add some water, give it a wash! Mid-week, you don't need to do the whole Pre-poo, deep conditioning step. Just co-wash and moisturize. Your hair will thank you for it.



Comments

  1. Your flat twist look perfect. However, I have not perfected flat twists. I just haven't gotten around to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you will try to do it soon. I love the flat twist out results.

      Delete
  2. Love your flat twists....haven't quite perfected mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Make sure you post a pic on my Facebook page when you do perfect yours. Looking forward to seeing it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?