Dwell on the Good... not the Bad


You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness (Psalm 30:11)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Multiple Praises Time!!! Count your many blessings, name them one by one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to share my multiple praises with you, hoping that this would help uplift anyone that is going through some bad times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning, as we waited...and waited... and waited for Big Sis's bus to show up, it never came. After a while, I decided to take her to school after dropping off Lil Sis at her school. Now, Big Sis is a long distance from our house, and if morning traffic is bad, it could take a really long time. At first, I would have been quite upset that the bus didn't come, and could have made a big deal over that fact. But, I decided not to dwell on the negative and said to Big Sis, "There is always a reason for everything"

As we were driving to her school, the traffic was unexpectedly quite light. Thank God!. We were listening to our favorite station, KSBJ, and a lady requested for the morning song, which Big Sis has not heard in a long time. She loves that song. That made the ride to school even much more fun. We danced to the music and laughed, forgetting that we still had a long way to get to school and school starts at 8am.


After the song was over, Big Sis said, "Thank you, mom, for driving me to school". As a mother, that made my day.  We got to school 10 minutes before it started.

As I started to drive away from the school, my heart was overwhelmed with praise and thankfulness. So, I started to count my blessings:
  1. I thank God for blessing me with my girls
  2. I thank God for allowing me to work from home so that I can be available for times when school buses are late or don't show up. If I worked in the office, I would have had to look for someone to take my kids to school or I would have had to be late for work.
  3. I thank God for letting me not dwell on the sadness and let that impact my child's mood at school.
The praises continue....

On a normal morning, I would have just seen Big Sis off at 6am, then taken Lil Sis to school by 7am and head off to the gym, but this morning, I knew there was no way I could make it to the gym, so I called up my neighbors to see if they wanted to walk. Lo and behold, they had already left. So, I told her, I would "run" and meet her. Now, I always run on Monday mornings, usually at the gym on the treadmill. Due to the weather, I have not had the opportunity to run in a while. I was so thankful to God that I had the opportunity to both run to catch up to them and also walk with my friends.

God is good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to encourage you today, if your day is starting off in a bad way, try to look for something good to dwell on. Turn that bad into good. You know, if there is darkness in a room, and someone bring in a little candle light, that will brighten up the whole room.

Dwell on the Good not the Bad.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?