Wash Day Diary: July 30th 2014: SheaMoisture SuperFruit and Black Tea

Gotta love SHRINKAGE


For nearly 2 months now, I have been doing Black Tea rinses weekly in my hair and love the results I have been getting. I decided to use it with the SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque to test how it works. Since this hair masque will be my new Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, I need it to work well with my Black Tea rinse because I have seen great changes with my hair in terms of shedding and breakage from doing these weekly rinses. The other Moisturizing Deep Conditioner I use is  Eden Bodyworks Deep Conditioner . Which do I like better, right now, the SheaMoisture one is winning.

Wash Process
  • Detangle and prepoo with Trader Joe's Coconut Oil and VO5 Strengthening Conditioner.
  • Co-washing with  Eden Bodyworks Cowash and rinsed off
  • Apply Black Tea Rinse
  • On top of that apply SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque
  • Leave on for 30 mins
  • Cool water rinse to promote shine and lay down my cuticle
  • Squeeze off as much water with hands, no t-shirt
  • Let water absorb in hair while dressing up. Covered with plastic cap to avoid dripping

Post-wash Process
Tutorial for Braid and Twist:


Tutorial for Bantu Loop:

  • Apply SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Treatment to edges.
  • Wrap twists around head and secure with bobby pins for stretch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?