What you are thinking: Didn't I just wash my hair 2 days ago?
My response: Yes. However, I used a product that gave me a bit of product build up because I used too much.
Today's wash day was a bit different. It was time for a trim. My last trim was April 28th, 3 months ago. Yeah... I am a person of habit. I'm quite proud at myself for keeping up with my trims, something that I was on my 5 Natural Hair Goals Plan for this year.
In the past, I trimmed my hair damp, but this time, I did it dry. Okay... I'm getting ahead of myself... here is what I did.
- Detangled my hair with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Co-washed with Eden Bodyworks Cleansing Cowash
- Do a light protein treatment with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner
- Deep Conditioned with SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque for 30 mins using plastic caps and turbie twist
- Apply Oil Mix
- Use SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk for moisture
- Apply Grapeseed Oil to protect from heat damage.
- Sat under hooded dryer for 20 mins at Medium heat. Why? I was experimenting a theory....Why? That's what bloggers do. ;)
- Hair was still quite damp as if no heat was used. . What a waste of time
Dry Trim Process
- Unravel each twist, examine the edges
- Trim as needed
- Spritz hair with water
- Apply my DIY Shea Aloe Butter to seal in moisture
- Retwist and twirl the ends.
- Repeat till done.