Thursday, May 17, 2012

Braided Bantu Knot Out and Gifts!

I have seen people do Bantu Knot Out with single twists and two strand twists, however, I have never seen a braided bantu knot out.  I decided to give it a try.  Now I know why I have not seen it before... Epic Failure!

How I did it....

I braided my hair into 8 braids, and then bantu knotted it.

The next morning, I undid the braids and got this...


It gave me a lot of fullness, however, the curls were very untamed and did not flow in any directions unlike my previous bantu knots that gave me awesome results, see it here.

So, I decided to just create a curly afro puff.



I want to thank Shelli of Hairscapades for the opportunity of picking me for the winner of the Threadmill and DarinBabe contest.  She gifted me with these two headbands and a lovely handmade ring.  I got lots of compliments from the headbands and ring and totally love all the items. Thanks, Shelli!

I received it in the mail today...and how appopriate since it's my BIRTHDAY!



6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Sola! You're so beautiful and you make the headbands and ring look so wonderful! Thanks so much for this! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Sawah!! And, I love the headbands, especially the blue and white!!!! Cute ring too!!!

    Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful hair!!

    ReplyDelete