I have officially been transitioning for 6 months as of today! I am so excited about this journey and all that I have learnt so far. I believe my hair is growing at a good rate. I am not too worried about it since I am doing a long term transition.
Here are 10 things I have learnt about my hair
- My hair loves water; daily misting with water and oils
- It has a nice curl pattern with a mixture of all the 4s.. (a, b, c) and a dash of 3c.
- All conditioners are not equal, my hair loves to be co-washed with Tresemme Natural
- My hair tangles up a lot if kept in a protective style for over 2 weeks
- My hair loves to be styled in braid outs and twists
- Protein Treatments makes my hair stronger
- My scalp loves oils, but my face does not. =(. Still trying to find a balance to my oil production.
- My hair prefers finger detangling and combing to using actual styling tools
- Pre-pooing my hair is a very essential step in my wash routine.
- Moisturizing my hair daily is my safeguard against breakage!