Wash Day Diary: August 4th 2014 : Listen To Your Hair

Natural Hair Protective Styles

Lately, I have been playing in my hair A LOT!! And my hair has been responding back with not so nice stuff. Therefore it was time to tuck her away for a week... see if I can last Ha!

We were in the pool yesterday with friends and although I did not get my hair wet, the heat was brutal and my hair was fried!
 

I decided to pre-poo overnight with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil  and V05 Strengthening Conditioner.

12 hours later...yeah... I got busy...

I rinsed it off and used the SheaMoisture Purification Masque to co-wash and do a 5-mins conditioning.
Natural Hair

Post Wash
  • Apply oil mix
  • On each twist and front twist, apply SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk
  • Apply Aloe Vera Gel after hair has been styled (something new I am trying...LOL! #LifeOfABlogger)
Natural Hair Protective Styles
Add caption
Natural Hair Protective Styles

Do you keep to a wash schedule or do you LISTEN to your hair?

Comments

  1. I'm the laziest natural on the block. I wash my hair once a month which is perfect for me cos I do not use a lot of products. On wash day, I apply all I can get my hands on and that's it until next wash. Daily, I use my spray mix of water, aloe juice and glycerin. Sometimes only water. I recently started installing yarn day after wash day. I want to start trying a prepoo tho with coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your wash schedule. We all have to do what works for us. The key thing is to make sure that we are caring for our hair in the most healthiest way possible. The results will be healthy beautiful hair.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?