DiscoveringNatural is a blog dedicated to helping people with hair, beauty and lifestyle. Our aim is to show the beauty of natural hair and love of it. Also share lifestyle with deals and tips that will help you
You cracked me up with your double personality (Nigerian Accent) loved the vid. Pls, pls, pls, could you post a vid on how you achieved the hairstyle?? Its really stunning.
Okay. The style is actually a Bantu Loop Twist which I just took one side and pinned up. I will still do a video for you, but meanwhile, here is how to do a Bantu Loop Twist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGRwR4PfM7M
my hair is short and fine and im just transitioning , ive tried numerous times to twist my hair but it doesn't come out fluffy rather its like a twisted afro, how do I get the fluffy look and what are the must have products .
Since you are just transitioning, and still have relaxed ends, it will be quite difficult to get a fluffy look. However, you can try doing a twist and curl. Check out this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujRkgLJYiwA&list=PL1B2FF061F0877CCA&index=94
For products, it is all about trial and error. Here is my transitioning hair regimen with products http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/wash-routine-every-two-weeks-section.html
Get To Know Me My name is Sola Awe and I am so happy you found this page. I am a licensed hair coach and have been a natural hair enthusiast since 2011 after I decided to transition my oldest daughter to natural hair. I have two daughters who are both natural and lovers of natural hair. My husband is also an advocate in his own way. I have a presence on social media as DiscoveringNatural that is dedicated to helping people be comfortable with their natural hair and learn how to easily care for it. As a child, natural hair was not embraced and when I became an adult, I struggled with understanding my hair. When my oldest daughter was 4, I struggled with caring for her hair and did not have any resource to help me out, so I decided to relax her hair. After a friend invited me a natural hair event in Houston, Texas, where I reside, I knew I have found a new passion. The next day, we started my daughter's transition to natural and I followed afterwards with mine. When I discove...
READ THIS FIRST Thanks for coming to my page. I do no manufacture or ship the products you see on this page. They are sold on Amazon. The links on this page takes you to an Amazon page where you can make the purchase of the products. The prices could change depending on the Amazon seller of the item, this is why I do not say how much it costs. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases when you click links on this page. If you live outside the US, you can get any product shipped to you. Just setup shipping information using this link https://bit.ly/dnshipit Neck Selfie for Recording Styles Click here to buy Braid Tool Click here to buy and to see how much it currently cost Click here to see how to use it Twist Tool Click to buy Click here to see how to use it Threading Hair Tool Click to buy Click here to see how to use it Locs Machine Click to buy
You can make curls without using any hair product at all — the key is water + technique. Here are the best ways to get curls with zero product 1. Water Is Your Curl Activator Your natural curl pattern shows best when hair is fully wet. Start with clean hair Soak it with water (shower or spray bottle) Use your fingers to smooth and encourage curl clumps 💡 No gel, no cream — just water. 2. Finger Coiling (No Product) Perfect for defining curls naturally. How: On wet hair, wrap small sections around your finger Let air dry completely Gently separate once dry Works best for coils and tighter curl patterns. 3. Twist-Out or Braid-Out (Water Only) You don’t need cream to get curls. How: Dampen hair with water Create twists or braids Let fully dry Take down carefully Bigger sections = looser curls Smaller sections = tighter curls 4. Scrunch & Shake Best for looser curl patterns. Wet hair Scrunch upward with your hands Let air dry ...
You cracked me up with your double personality (Nigerian Accent) loved the vid. Pls, pls, pls, could you post a vid on how you achieved the hairstyle?? Its really stunning.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Did you want a video for the style in the "It's My Hair" video or from the picture in this blog post?
DeleteYes please. I want the style from the 'Its my hair video'. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteOkay. The style is actually a Bantu Loop Twist which I just took one side and pinned up. I will still do a video for you, but meanwhile, here is how to do a Bantu Loop Twist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGRwR4PfM7M
DeleteHere is the link to your REQUESTED video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBX8FkCSQMU&index=1&list=PL1B2FF061F0877CCA
Deletemy hair is short and fine and im just transitioning , ive tried numerous times to twist my hair but it doesn't come out fluffy rather its like a twisted afro, how do I get the fluffy look and what are the must have products .
ReplyDeleteSince you are just transitioning, and still have relaxed ends, it will be quite difficult to get a fluffy look. However, you can try doing a twist and curl. Check out this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujRkgLJYiwA&list=PL1B2FF061F0877CCA&index=94
DeleteFor products, it is all about trial and error. Here is my transitioning hair regimen with products http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/p/wash-routine-every-two-weeks-section.html