Protein Treatment for Kids


It's that time of the month.... no...not that one...LOL!

It's time for Big Sis and Lil Sis's monthly Protein Treatment. Why do I do protein treatment on my girls' hair? Well, this treatment helps to strengthen their hair and restore elasticity and shine.

Normally, I use the Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner, however, today, I ran out of this product, so...to the kitchen we went to mix up our child-friendly DIY Protein Treatment.

Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup of Mayonnaise (strengthens hair)
1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (anti-inflammatory, emollient, rich in fatty acids)
1 banana (soften hair, improves elasticity, strengthens, promote shine)
1 tablespoon Raw Honey (humectant , smoothens cuticles)

I saturated the girls' hair with this liquefied mixture, then wrapped their hair with saran wrap. Why saran wrap?  I wanted to trap as much heat as I can. I kept their hair wrapped up for 30 mins.

When time was up, I rinsed their hair and shampooed twice with Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo. I deep conditioned for about 10 mins with Shea Moisture Purification Masque. I did a final cool rinse and then spritz the hair with Aloe Vera Juice.


The results were amazing! Both girls' hair had shine, and OMG!! It was so strong... Love it!.

Do you see the SHINE??
Stretching Big Sis's hair using Banding Method

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing nice information . i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.organic baby hair products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for post this blog and it seems good information, which can helps more and to get better solution.
    Hair DoctorIn Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?