DiscoveringNatural is a blog dedicated to helping people with hair, beauty and lifestyle. Our aim is to show the beauty of natural hair and love of it. Also share lifestyle with deals and tips that will help you
My Experience with Havana Twists; Good ... or ... Bad
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I had my Havana Twists of 2 weeks. Yeah! I missed my own hair... If you want to know what my full experience was, watch the video above.
Get To Know Me My name is Sola Awe and I am so happy you found this page. I am a licensed hair coach and have been a natural hair enthusiast since 2011 after I decided to transition my oldest daughter to natural hair. I have two daughters who are both natural and lovers of natural hair. My husband is also an advocate in his own way. I have a presence on social media as DiscoveringNatural that is dedicated to helping people be comfortable with their natural hair and learn how to easily care for it. As a child, natural hair was not embraced and when I became an adult, I struggled with understanding my hair. When my oldest daughter was 4, I struggled with caring for her hair and did not have any resource to help me out, so I decided to relax her hair. After a friend invited me a natural hair event in Houston, Texas, where I reside, I knew I have found a new passion. The next day, we started my daughter's transition to natural and I followed afterwards with mine. When I discove...
Your child's hair is texturized or relaxed and you are wondering how do you stop putting chemicals in your child's hair and make their hair completely natural. First thing, know that you are not alone. Let me share a little bit about myself and my older daughter, known as Big Sis on our YouTube channel, DiscoveringNatural . When Big Sis was 4 years old, I got to a point of frustration with her natural hair. At that time, I was blind to the beauty of natural hair. Maybe I was sleep deprived due to having a newborn, Lil Sis , or maybe it was the pain I felt when I saw her cry when I did her hair. I decided to listen to "friends" who advised me that the best thing to do was to texturize her hair. It will make her hair easier to manage. Everyone is doing it. They said. And, without doing my research, I listened and went ahead. Her hair was pretty... at first... Cornrow out (1 month texturized hair (4 years old Big Sis)) Then after the first year of ...
Two months ago, I went in search for the Giovanni 50:50 clarifying Shampoo and could not find it. When I saw the 1 liter bottle of the Giovanni Tea Tree Invigorating Shampoo , I was like JACKPOT! Maybe I can just use this and it will work as great as the clarifying shampoo. Was I wrong!! I did not pH test it to see if it was in the best pH range that it will not affect the girls' hair. After using this product, their hair was stripped, it took 2 deep conditioning sessions to get the moisture back into their hair. What happened? I looked at the ingredient list for sulfates and did not see any. Then it occurred to me to pH test it. pH 101 Anything between 0 and 6.9 is acidic, 7 is neutral, and anything between 7.1 and 14 is alkaline. Human hair and scalp oil, sebum, has a pH balance of between 4.5 and 5.5. A substance that is too alkaline will cause the hair cuticle to open, while a substance that is too acidic will ...
This is the protective style I would like to try next. I love the look of the big twists!!
ReplyDeleteGirl, they will look really nice on you!
ReplyDelete