QOTD: What are some good products to use to retain length?

 
 



 
 
 
QOTD (Question of the day)
 
What are some good products to use to retain length?
 

To retain length, it goes way beyond products. It has more to do with how you care for your hair. The hair growing from your scalp and the hair at your ends.

For the hair growing from the scalp, make sure you are cleaning your hair regularly. For the hair at your ends, make sure you are sealing it after you moisturize.

Regarding products, try to use products that do not dry out your hair. For MY HAIR, mineral oil, petroleum, and silicones dry my hair, so I stay away from products containing these ingredients. I also make sure to moisturize regularly. I love Shea Moisture products because it contains none of the ingredients my hair does not like. The technique that you use to moisturize your hair also helps in keeping your hair from getting dry and breaking. Click here to see different moisturizing techniques.

For sealing my ends, I use shea butter. Click here to see how I seal my ends.

Comments

  1. I think oils are great to help retain length because they allow you to lock in moisture needed to prevent dryness and breakage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do agree. If I do not use shea butter on my ends as a sealant, I will use a thick oil like Castor Oil. I love the Jamaican Black Castor oil.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

What are some good products to use for thinning hair?