|Click to see where I got my curlformers|
Today was Wash Day for the girls, and I did not have time to wait overnight for Big Sis to stretch using the banding method of stretching.
- Shampooed her hair using Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate free)
- Used Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle as rinse out conditioner
- Deep Conditioned with Eden Bodyworks Deep Conditioner under a hooded dryer for 30 mins (hair was covered with a plastic cap)
- Did a cool and seal with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
- Sectioned hair into 4 quadrants
- Apply some Curls Blissful Lengths Kukui Nut Elixir on her scalp and Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner on the hair.
- Used orange curlformers on the lower quadrants
- Created a ponytail on each of the front quadrants and use the pink curlformers on the ends of the ponytails
The whole process took about 30 mins.
After about 2 hours (during this time, I was doing Lil Sis' hair... yeah! for SUPER MOM!!), started to twist each unraveled stretched curlformer. I was amazed by the stretch Big Sis' hair got. It looked as if I blow dried her hair!!
To make this a true protective style, I ended up hiding the ends of the twists. This style is guaranteed to last 2 weeks with proper care.
Don't know how to use curlformers, here is a tutorial: