I get asked many times on How to Grow Long Natural Hair. I did a video on this topic [Click here to watch], however for those people who are not able to view the video, here is a brief summary.
1. Start from inside: Make sure you are eating healthy, green vegetables, and drinking water
2. Moisturize your hair frequently to reduce breakage
3. Strengthen your hair by doing protein treatments at least once a month
4. Seal in the moisture especially paying attention to the ends of your hair. Growing hair is more about retaining the length you already have. Hair is always growing.
5. Use a thick butter like Shea butter or an oil to seal in the moisture. Sealing in moisture just means, after moisturizing with a water based moisturizer, apply the sealant product on top to keep the hair moisturized longer.
6. Protect the hair but doing styles that protect the end and do not put too much pressure on the scalp.
7. If you are iron deficiency or have a thyroid issue, this can affect your hair growth.
8. Exercising is very beneficial because it helps pump blood to the hair follicles.
9. Reduce stress and make sure to get enough sleep
10. Some ingredients can help but the most important is how you handle your hair, try using your fingers more than using a comb. Look for products with ingredients such as castor oil, peppermint, lavender, and rosemary. There are other ingredients. Do your research to find out which ingredients you are not allergic to.