4 Natural Hair Wash Day Tips


Natural Hair Wash Day Tips

Washing your natural hair can be a learning process. For me, I find that trial and error and truly learning about what my hair likes and doesn't like helps makes the process easier.

Here are some helpful tips.

1. If your hair is very tangled, detangle it prior to washing.

2. Wash your hair in sections. This not only reduces the tangles that can occur, it also helps you get to your scalp to give it a thorough cleansing

3. Condition! Condition! Condition! If you experience excessive dryness, doing  a deep conditioning section can help restore the moisture and softness that was lost.

4. After washing, do not immediately dry your hair (use a T-shirt, by the way), just squeeze out the excess water and then apply your leave in conditioner and oil. Let your hair air dry in twists or braids before doing the actual styling process.
Natural Hair Wash Day Tips
 
Watch how I incorporate these tips in the video below:
 
 

Comments

  1. Do you use clarifying or sulfate shampoo ever? If so which one. Is Shea moisture your new go to sulfate free shampoo? Which line you talk it up a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do use clarifying shampoo once in a while when I do not use my Bentonite clay masque (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLI-tGRbwE&index=35&list=PLCT7rEmj0Xky6XuOXgit_biwollZj4HXI)

      I use Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating and clarifying shampoo.

      yes, SheaMoisture is now my new go to sulfate free shampoo. Why, because I can no longer find the old formula of the Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo.
      Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?