Wash Day Diary: Time to Clean : November 7/8

Natural Hair 4a 4b 4c hair
Naked Hair!

After 2 weeks of protective styling, it was time to wash my hair, especially my scalp. My scalp is always my #1 indicator that it is time to wash. I did enjoy skipping one week of wash day.. to be honest with y'all! I was quite happy that the style lasted long with my modified moisturizing and method of keeping the frizz away.

Now... it's time to wash....

Started on Friday by doing a detangling and pre-poo overnight with my usual mix, Extra Virgin Coconut oil and V05 Strengthening conditioner.



The next morning, I rinsed off the pre-poo, applied Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner for a light protein treatment. Next, used diluted Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo to wash my scalp and hair, and followed that up with a Black Tea Rinse and toped that off with SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Hair Masque... which I LOVE!! Left that in for 30 mins.

I just love it when my hair is clean!! The curls Be POPPING!



Post Wash:
-Applied oil mix to my scalp
- Used Giovanni Direct Leave In conditioner as my leave in
- Applied oil to seal
- Used the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as my styler. I have not used this in a long time.

I did my hair in medium size twists.

Sidenote: 2 days after this wash day, I unraveled and my twistouts was a mess!! Since I was running late, I just put it in this updo.. I think my hair does better with chunky twists now than medium or mini twistouts. Sorry for the look... I was not feeling too good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer