Since fall is here, I am protective styling more. Now, my version of protective styling is more like, one week protective style, one day free, wash and protect. I find that I am unable to go full time protective styling without washing my hair thoroughly. Therefore, that is just what I did today. Day 10 of wearing my hair in cornrows, and I had decided to wash my hair in twists, after detangling, using Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate free). After that, I did a light protein treatment with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner. I left this for 2 minutes, as instructed on the bottle. Next, I did my usual Black Tea rinse, and applied SheaMoisture Intense Hydration Deep Conditioner on top. Since it is fall, I now always use heat when doing my deep conditioning session. I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 mins, rinse, and sealed with cold Aloe Vera Juice.
- Applied my oil mix to my scalp; my scalp was suprising in great condition. I attribute it to my newest oil, Moringa Oil. I found that my hair had a silkier feeling since using this product, almost as if I used silicones in my hair. I wonder if this will be a great heat protectant (Note to self: do more researching on this)
- Next, I applied SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk as my leave in
- Then to complete the LCO method, I used my oil mix on my hair
- Since I was putting my hair back in twists, I applied Eden Bodyworks Curl Defining Crème as my styler, twist my hair.
- To keep my ends from being dry, I sealed my ends with Castor Oil.
What changes are you making to your wash day routine this fall?