Spa Day for Natural Hair

After removing my protective style, my hair definitely needed a spa day. What was on the agenda:
  • Hot Oil Treatment
  • Moisture-Rich Deep Conditioning
  • Bentonite Treatment
  • Scalp Massage

Hot Oil Treatment
For the hot oil treatment, I made a mixture of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (3 oz), Castor Oil (JBCO) (1 oz) and 5 drops of Peppermint Oil.
  • Applied to my hair
  • I applied some Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream to my hair for an overnight deep conditioning (I debated on doing this, but wanted to know how my hair will do with using this product for deep conditioning prior to wash)
  • Covered hair with plastic cap and knitted hat
Next morning, my hair was uber soft and well conditioned. yeah!

Bentonite Clay

Made my mix of bentonite clay. I also added 1 teaspoon of Amla powder and Brahmi powder (not in video) to the mix, for additional strengthening and rejuvenation.


I applied it generously to my hair and my scalp. Lightly massaging my scalp with the clay.
Here is how I apply to my hair (video was recorded in January 2013)




  • Left clay on hair for 40 mins
  • Rinse out clay
  • Apply rinse out conditioner for 5 mins
  • Rinse out with cold water
My hair felt soft as butter!!


 I decided to twist and pin curl... sHHH...trying something new..*fingers crossed*


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching