MY NATURAL HAIR NIGHTMARE


Nightmares are meant to happen at night, right? Well, this one happened during wash day. I have had a similar experience in the past, but this was even worse because my precious products were involved. #ProductJunkie. Click here to watch that bad experience.

My hair had been acting like a diva lately, so I gave her a trim and then clarified her by doing a Rhassoul Clay cleanse. I am in the process of using up my products, and since I only have one more use of the clay, I decided to use it. Rhassoul clay is excellent in clarifying my hair  and defining my curls. Watch this and see how truthful this statement is.


I have NEVER had an issue with this particular brand of Rhassoul clay, but today, I made several HUGE mistakes!!

Okay... when did the nightmare happen?

After I had supposedly cleansed and rinsed my hair free of the Rhassoul clay, I put in my leave in spray and then my curl moisturizing cream and started twisting up my hair. I got to the last quadrant of my hair and noticed my hair was brown!! BROWN!!!. Now, the last quadrant was at the back of my head. ARGH!! I was so upset. Not only would I have to rewash my hair, I have wasted my leave in and also moisturizing cream!

HOW DID I RECTIFY THIS ISSUE
Instead of using a shampoo to cleanse my hair, I just used my favorite cleansing cowash conditioner to clean my hair. This cowash suds up a lot, so I could easily see the color changing from brown to white. I repeated this twice and rinsed.

WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY
  • Always wash your hair in a WELL LITE AREA
  • Use a shower mirror when possibile
  • Repeat rinsing your hair several times
  • Work in sections when washing your hair
  • Followup with a sudsy cleansing cowash, if in doubt.
HAVE YOU HAD A NATURAL HAIR NIGHTMARE BEFORE? SHARE BELOW.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braid Machine for Hair

What To Do If Your Child Has Dry Scalp

My Current Skincare Products