Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural Curl Shaper *TIGHT*

Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural DiscoveringNatural

Last week, I used the You Be-Natural Curl Shaper Custard as my moisturizer and it did a great job at doing so. While I was reading the directions at the back of the container, I saw the steps for doing a wash and go. Normally, I don't do a wash and go in the winter because it is just too cold for that stuff! But then... I was intrigued when I wet a small section of my hair and applied the custard and my curls POPPED!
Hence why I did it today...

PRE- POO
I started by pre-pooing my hair with my new quick pre poo LOVE... Queen of Kinks Pre-pooing and Detangling Conditioner. This melts away any tangles in my hair.

Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural

SHAMPOO
I shampooed my hair in sections with the You Be-Natural Tangle Me Not Detangling Shampoo. This shampoo did just want it said. Now, after shampooing, I always use a rinse out conditioner, regardless of if I am using a conditioning shampoo.  I applied Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner and started to work it through my hair after leaving it on for some minutes... following directions on the bottle!

Now.. not sure what happened, but after rinsing, I decided to oil my scalp and apply a little bit of oil to my hair. My hair felt tangled, stripped, and dry-wet. I think next time, I will skip the oil and see if it or the conditioner was the culprit. Didn't' like see the hair on the shower floor! No Bueno!

Still in the shower, I worked in small sections and applied the custard to my hair.

Here is the wet results
Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural
Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural
 
 
 
Here is the dry results
 

Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural Curl Shaper

Winter Wash and Go with You Be-Natural Curl Shaper
 
Update 1/23/2016: I rewashed my hair and only used the YBN Shampoo and TJ Conditioner, and my hair felt really good. So the culprit was the oil!!
 



Comments

  1. Lovely I love wash n go. Sometimes I need a break from protective styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls are really defined and your hair looks moisturized. That's a win / win.

    Jay of www.relaxedthairapy.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?