Results of my SheaAloe Custard Mix
Shealoe Hair Smoothie
Recommended for use on locs and loose hair
4 Tbsp shealoe butter
2 Tbsp tea tree oil
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sweet almond oil
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp vegatable glycerin
1 tsp 100% aloe vera gel
5 Vitamin E capsules
5 drops of peppermint Oil
10 drops of lavender Essential Oil (or oil of your choice)--
¼ cup coconut oil
2 heaping tbsp shea butter
2 tbsp aloe vera gel
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp vegetable glycerin
¼ tsp vitamin E
¼ tsp fragrance oil of your choice
- In a small bowl melt together the coconut oil and shea butter in the microwave until it is just melted. Do not boil it. I nuke mine in 30 second increments until the shea butter is almost completely melted.
- In a measuring cup, measure out the aloe vera gel.
- On medium speed with a hand mixer, start beating the melted shea and coconut oil. While beating, slowly add the aloe vera gel. The mixture will start turning white. Beat for about 3 mins.
- Leave the mixture to cool for about 30 mins. As it cools it will thicken.
- After the 30 minute period beat the mixture for 5 -10 mins to incorporate more air and make it lighter.
- Add the vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil and vitamin E. Whip until completely incorporated.
- Add your choice of fragrance oil (I chose oatmeal milk and honey fragrance oil) and whip again until completely incorporated.
- Spoon into a container and store in a cool dry place.