Results of my SheaAloe Custard Mix


I made some Shea-Aloe custard for my hair and twisted them 4 days ago. I just untwisted them today. I love the results! My hair is well defined and very soft and moisturized. I have not moisturized my hair for 4 day, with the exception of a light spritz with Aloe vera juice mixed with water last night. I am in love!

Watch to see how it is made



My twists right after applying the custard:


By the way, I was going to call the mix a SheaAloe Butter mix, but since it is no longer 100% a butter because of the mixture of the Aloe Vera Gel, I decided to call it a Custard.

Here are ssome other recipes with Shea Butter that I would like to try:
Shealoe Hair Smoothie
[Source: http://www.tiashauntee.com/2012/10/shealoe-recipe.html]
Recommended for use on locs and loose hair
Ingredients:
4 Tbsp shealoe butter
2 Tbsp tea tree oil
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sweet almond oil
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp vegatable glycerin
1 tsp 100% aloe vera gel
5 Vitamin E capsules
5 drops of peppermint Oil
10 drops of lavender Essential Oil (or oil of your choice)--

[Source: http://www.diaryofahairobsession.com/?p=775]
 
Ingredients
¼ cup coconut oil
2 heaping tbsp shea butter
2 tbsp aloe vera gel
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp vegetable glycerin
¼ tsp vitamin E
¼ tsp fragrance oil of your choice
Directions
  1. In a small bowl melt together the coconut oil and shea butter in the microwave until it is just melted.  Do not boil it.  I nuke mine in 30 second increments until the shea butter is almost completely melted.
  2. In a measuring cup, measure out the aloe vera gel.
  3. On medium speed with a hand mixer, start beating the melted shea and coconut oil.  While beating, slowly add the aloe vera gel.  The mixture will start turning white.  Beat for about 3 mins.
  4. Leave the mixture to cool for about 30 mins.  As it cools it will thicken.
  5. After the 30 minute period beat the mixture for 5 -10 mins to incorporate more air and make it lighter.
  6. Add the vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil and vitamin E.  Whip until completely incorporated.
  7. Add your choice of fragrance oil (I chose oatmeal milk and honey fragrance oil) and whip again until completely incorporated.
  8. Spoon into a container and store in a cool dry place.

Comments

  1. Hi I'm a new natural still in TWA stage but ur shea butter aloe custard sound so yummy I was hoping u would be willing to share ur mix. What u put in it.Anxiously waiting for reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I have updated the post with recipes.

      Delete
    2. Thank u so much for up dating the info can't wait to try both. The smoothie sound like a leavein conditioner instead of a rinse out but going to let u know how both turned out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipes, I love using Aloe Vera thanks I got to give this a try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer